Aimed at senior procurement professionals and heads of department. It is targeted at building strategic direction and advice, in areas such as change management, stakeholder management and team leadership.
On successful completion of the Diploma, Advanced and Professional diplomas along with 3 year’s experience in a position of responsibility in procurement and supply you will be awarded MCIPS status.
CARLISLE Classroom Course WARRINGTON Evening Course
Skype Course with Personal Tutor
Who Should Consider This Level
- Strategic/Senior Manager
- Purchasing/Procurement Manager
- Head of Procurement / Head of Commercial
- Supply chain manager
- Head of logistics/ transport
- Operations manager
- Morning Classroom Course (9am-12 noon)
- Evening Classroom Course (5.30pm-8.30pm)
- Skype Tutorials with Personal Tutor – 25 Skype Tutorials (Distance Learning with a tutor to talk to)
Sign up now for courses starting in 2017!
Courses Contents & Units
The Level 6 Professional Diploma is aimed at individuals who have obtained their Level 5 qualification
and wish to progress their learning to Level 6 which gives you a degree level qualification and allows
you to apply for CIPS member status (MCIPS).
The 3 core and 2 of 3 optional units at this level:
- CORE PD1: Leadership in Procurement & Supply – With a greater focus on equality, discrimination
- CORE PD2: Corporate & Business Strategy – Greater focus on organisational strategy. The strategy clock. Internationalisation and impact on strategy. Commitment to strategic change with
greater focus on culture.
- CORE PD3: Strategic Supply Chain Management – Relationship between corporate, business and functional strategy. Competitive advantage. Collaborative approaches. KPIs to measure the
Supply Chain. Change management of stakeholders. Supply Chain networks and reverse
- PD4: Supply Chain Diligence – Impact of globalisation on Supply Chain and imports. Corporate
governance. Systems integration. Employment regulations. Financial aspects of Supply
Chains incl. M&A, exchange rates, costs and commodities. Benchmarking in Supply Chains.
- PD5: Programme & Project Management – Project and strategic partnering. Model form
contracts and NEC3. EPC, management, contracting etc. Cost management, sustainability
and safety. Variations/claims.
- PD6: Legal Aspects in Procurement & Supply (UK) – EU procurement regulations, remedies,
standstill and e-tendering. IPR. TUPE. ILO/UN standards.
You will need to have achieved the CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement & Supply.
Assessment is by a 3 – hour written examination. CIPS exam weeks are detailed on the course
NB. All students have to join CIPS as a Student Member (£180) and also book their exams direct with CIPS (£121 each x 5 exams). Membership & exam fees are paid directly to CIPS by the student.
Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply. You can join as a member online or by downloading a membership form.
Packages, Prices & Schedules
If you’re interested in this course, please contact us for more information about the packages, price and schedules.