NEW SYLLABUS 2019!
The NEW SYLLABUS 2019 qualification is designed for those who have worked in industry for at least 2 years and need to the capability to carry out procurement and supply tasks.
This level will give you the knowledge to understand demand management, arrange supply logistics and implement new contracts. Students are typically 20 – 60+ years old…it is never too late to study & improve.
Featured Level 3 Courses:
Classroom Course – £1,195 (+VAT)
Skype Course – £1,195 (+VAT)
Who Should Consider This Level
- Administrative & Procurement Assistants with at least 2 years experience.
- Staff involved in the Procurement/Ordering of any goods or services.
- Contracts Administrator.
- Stock Controller.
- Classroom Course (10 am – 4 pm) – 5 Tutorials in Warrington
- Skype (Flexible times) – 15 Skype Tutorials
What Do The New Modules Cover on the new Level 3 CIPS Course?
Courses Contents & Units
The Level 3 Advanced Certificate course comprises of 5 Units, which are delivered using a blend of
group interaction, case studies and role plays to support the CIPS course material. We have a clear
objective which is to ensure students are able to relate the learning to practical experience in the
The units at this level are:
CORE MODULES (Complete all four)
- L3M1: Procurement & Supply Environments: Understand the different sectors procurement & supply deal with. Pricing arrangements. The external market environment, the impact of “Trumponomics”. Procedures that regulate the procurement & supply environment.
- L3M2: Ethical Procurement & Supply: Techniques that can achieve added value and contribute to the organisation’s success. Tasks at each stage of the Sourcing process. The significance of ethics for procurement & supply. How operational performance of the function can be measured and improved.
- L3M3: Contract Administration: Administrative content & key tasks associated with commercial contracts. Understand how to achieve competitive pricing and the role of negotiation in procurement. How to achieve effective tendering. How to measure contract performance.
- L3M4: Team Dynamics and Change: Roles of staff and how they can support overall organisational success in procurement and supply. Team Dynamics and the challenges associated with achieving organisational change. Triggers for change and methods to deal with change.
- ELECTIVE MODULES (Choose One)
- L3M5: Socially Responsible Procurement: The concepts of sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The environmental impact of procurement and supply. Globalisation v green logistics. Carbon footprint v low cost sourcing. The implications of CSR on the procurement function and the Three Pillars of social responsibility. Methods to monitor CSR in procurement and supply.
- L3M6: Socially Responsible Warehousing and Distribution: The concepts of sustainability and CSR. The environmental impact of procurement and supply. Methods of for the storage and movement of stock/inventory. The environmental impact and cost of warehousing and distribution. Sustainable logistics and avoiding environmental damage.
You should typically have worked in a transactional purchasing role with at least 2 years experience in a purchasing or commercial environment. If you already have a CIPS Level 2 Certificate this qualification will build on your current knowledge and understanding.
All assessments are computer based, multiple choice exams designed to test the learning outcomes set out in each CIPS unit. Candidates are assessed by an exam for each unit which consists of a 2 hours multiple-choice exam with Candidates required to answer 60 multiple choice questions.
NB. All students have to join CIPS as a Student Member (currently £184). Membership fees are paid directly to CIPS by the student.
Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply. You can join as a member online or by downloading a membership form.
Packages, Prices & Schedules
If you’re interested in this course, please contact us for more information about the packages, price and schedules.