The Level 5 Advanced Diploma provides senior buyers, contract and supply chain managers with the expertise to improve organisational procurement and to fulfil organisational objectives. It gives you the knowledge base to reduce cost, improve quality and timescales, manage the supply chain and deal with legal issues.
WARRINGTON Morning Course CARLISLE Afternoon Course
HULL & YORK Morning Classroom Courses
Who Should Consider This Level
- Buyer / Senior Buyer
- Procurement / Purchasing Executive
- Procurement Specialist
- Contract Manager / Contract Officer
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Procurement Directors / Supply Chain Directors
- Morning Classroom Course Evening (9.30am-12.30pm)
- Afternoon Classroom Courses (1pm-4.30pm)
- Evening CLassroom Courses (5.30pm-8.30pm)
- Skype Only – 25 Skype Tutorials with a personal tutor (Distance Learning with a Tutor to talk to)
Sign up now for our Level 5 CIPS courses
Courses Contents & Units
Ideal for the senior buyer, contract manager or supply chain manager, the Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply is designed to provide the expertise to improve organisational procurement and to fulfil organisational objectives. It helps people develop the knowledge base to reduce cost, improve quality and timescales, manage the supply chain and deal with legal issues.
The 6 units at this level:
- CORE AD1 – Management in Procurement and Supply – Organisation behaviour. Development of management and individuals. Human capital management. IT software in recruitment. Regulatory aspects of employment.
- CORE AD2 – Managing Risks in Supply Chains – Bribery and corruption. Standards for sustainable procurement – UN, ILO, ETI. Project management. Contractual remedies. Third parties in managing risks. International standard.
- CORE AD3 – Improving Supply Chain Competitiveness – Added value outcomes vs. processes, collaboration vs. competition. Total quality and business statistics, 5S methodology. Competitive advantage. Developments in technology.
- AD4 – Category Management in Procurement and Supply – Strategic Sourcing and Category Management – associated models. Technical vs. behavioural skills. Category hierarchies. Industry dynamics, competitiveness and pricing. Category plans and gaining stakeholder buying.
- AD5 – Sustainability in Supply Chains – Emphasis on ethical supply chains, globalisation and Low Cost Country sourcing. Standards that promote sustainability. Responsible procurement. Third party audit services. Corrective action plans and supplier development.
- AD6 – Operations Management in Supply Chains – Operations strategy. Focus on application in services, retail, construction and public sectors. Web and Supply Chain integrated ERP. Role of statistics Entry to Level 5 is dependent on successful completion of Level 4 or relevant work experience.
You will need to have studied the CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply.
Assessment is by a 3 hour written examination. CIPS exam weeks are detailed on the course
NB. All students have to join CIPS as a Student Member (£184)
CIPS exam fees £105 x 5 exams. CIPS Exam Centre administration fee £200 + vat
Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply. You can join as a member online or by downloading a membership form.
Packages, Prices & Schedules
If you’re interested in this course, please contact us for more information about the packages, price and schedules.